The reliable, repeatable, accurate way to check bearings and overall vibration.
Make go or no-go maintenance decisions with confidence. The Fluke 805 Vibration Meter is the most reliable vibration screening device available for frontline mechanical troubleshooting teams that need repeatable, severity-scaled readings of overall vibration and bearing condition.
What makes the 805 the best choice?
- A meter – not a pen – that measures overall vibration as well as specific variables like bearing condition and temperature, to provide a more complete picture.
- A combination vibration and force sensor tip that compensates for user variance (force or angle) yielding accurate, repeatable readings.
- A four-level severity scale and onboard processor calculate bearing condition and overall vibration using easy-to-understand textual alerts (Good, Satisfactory, Unsatisfactory, Unacceptable).
- Sensor sensitivity can read a wide range of frequencies (10 to 1,000 Hz and 4,000 to 20,000 Hz) covering most machine and component types.
- Straight-forward user interface that minimizes the user inputs to RPM range and equipment type.
Features and Benefits
- Innovative sensor design helps minimize measurement variations caused by device angle or contact pressure
- Consistent data quality at both low and high frequency ranges
- Four-level scale indicates severity of problems for overall vibration and bearing condition
- Exportable data via USB
- Trending in Microsoft® Excel using built-in templates
- Overall vibration measurement (10 Hz to 1,000 Hz) for acceleration, velocity and displacement units of measurement for a wide variety of machines
- Crest Factor+ provides reliable bearing assessment using direct sensor tip measurements between 4,000 Hz and 20,000 Hz
- Colored lighting system (green, red) and on-screen comments indicate how much pressure needs to be applied to take measurements
- Temperature measurement with Infrared Temperature Sensor increases diagnostic capabilities
- On-board memory holds up to 3,500 measurements
- Audio output for listening to bearing tones directly
- External accelerometer support for hard to reach locations
- Flashlight for viewing measurement locations in dark areas
- Large screen with high resolution for easy navigation and viewing
Low frequency range (overall measurement) 10 Hz to 1,000 Hz High frequency range (CF+ measurement) 4,000 Hz to 20,000 Hz Severity levels Good, Satisfactory, Unsatisfactory, Unacceptable Vibration limit 50 g peak (100 g peak-peak) A/D converter 16-bit Signal to noise ratio 80 dB Sampling rate
Real time clock backup Coin battery
Sensitivity 100 mV g ± 10% Measurement range 0.01 g to 50 g Low frequency range (overall measurement) 10 Hz to 1,000 Hz High frequency range 4,000 Hz to 20,000 Hz Resolution 0.01 g Accuracy At 100 Hz ± 5% of measured value
Acceleration g, m/sec² Velocity in/sec, mm/sec Displacement mils, mm
Infrared Thermometer (Temperature Measurement)
Range -20 °C to 200 °C (-4 °F to 392 °F) Accuracy ±2 °C (4 °F) Focal length Fixed, at ~3.8 cm (1.5")
External SensorNote: Fluke supports but does not provide external sensors
Frequency range 10 Hz to 1,000 Hz Bias voltage (to supply power) 20 V dc to 22 V dc Bias current (to supply power) Maximum 5 mA
Calibration Factory calibration required External interfaces USB 2.0 (full speed) communication Data capacity Database on internal flash memory Upgrade Through USB Memory Up to 3,500 measurements
Electrostatic discharge: burst Standard EN 61000-4-2 Electromagnetic interference Standard EN 61000-4-3 RE Standard CISPR 11, Class A
Operating temperature -20 °C to 50 °C (-4 °F to 122 °F) Storage temperature -30 °C to 80 °C (-22 °F to 176 °F) Operating humidity 10% to 95% RH
Operating/storage altitude Sea level to 3,048 meters (10,000 feet) IP rating IP54 Vibration limit 500g peak Drop test 1 meter
Battery type AA (2)Lithium Iron Disulfide Battery life 250 measurements Size (L x W x H) 24.1 cm x 7.1 cm x 5.8 cm
(9.5 in x 2.8 in x 2.3 in)
Weight 0.40 kg (0.89 lb) Connectors USB mini-B 7-pin, stereo audio output jack (3.5 mm Audio Plug), external sensor jack (SMB connector)