The West N8600 Plastics Controller is a 1/8 DIN controller that has been designed specifically to provide quality process control for the Plastics Extrusion Market.
This control features a special Heater Break Alarm Function which works similar to an amp meter, but alerts the operator to heater failures when they occur and prior to production problems. Quick Transfer is a one shot operation which automatically sets the alarm condition for the heater break and is based on the nominal current value. Quick Transfer allows for the automatic entry of setpoints for the heater break alarm. In addition, the Auto/Manual key can be configured for fast access to display amps or process temperature by a single key stroke.
- Auto/Manual - Selectable from front panel, with bumpless transfer.
- Alarm 1 & 2 (Options) - (Configurable) Process High, Process Low, SP Deviation, Band, Logical OR and Hysteresis. Also 1 Loop Alarm.
- Front Panel Protection - IEC IP66 (Behind panel protection is IP20).
- Approvals and Certification - CE, UL & Ulc
- Thermocouple - J, K, R, S, T, B, L, & N.
- RTD - 3 Wire PT100
- DC Linear - 0-20/4-20mA, 0-50/10-50mV, 0-5/1-5/0-10/2-10V. Scaleable -1999 to 9999, decimal point selectable.
Outputs & Options
- Control & Alarm Relays - Contacts SPDT 2Amp resistive at 240V AC,
- SSR (Solid State Relay) Drive Output > 4.2V/1K min.
- Triac - 1 Amp @ 20-280Vac
- Communications - 2 Wire RS485, 1200 to 9600 Baud, West ASCII (Modbus Optional). Dual Setpoint (front panel or remote selection) or Heater Current (requires CT)